All About Creation Sunset over green field - All About Creation Banner

Book Of Genesis

(Read Book Of Genesis, Part 1 First)

Book of Genesis - Worldwide Cataclysm
The evidence points to the global Flood described in the Book of Genesis. The fossil record bears testimony to some past catastrophic worldwide marine cataclysm. The entire fossil record (with the very rare exception) is found buried in layers of sedimentary rock. Sedimentary rock layers are the result of hydrologic sorting. Geologist Dr. John Morris writes, "Sedimentary rocks, by definition, are laid down as sediments by moving fluids [water], are made up of pieces of rock or other material which existed somewhere else, and were eroded or dissolved and redeposited in their present location." (Morris, "The Young Earth," 2001, pg. 51)

Sedimentary rock covers about 70% of the earth's surface (the other 30% consisting of igneous and metamorphic rock). "95% of all fossils are marine invertebrates, particularly shellfish. Of the remaining 5%, 95% are algae and plant fossils (4.74%). 95% of the remaining 0.25% consists of the other invertebrates, including insects (0.2375%). The remaining 0.0125% includes all vertebrates, mostly fish. 95% of the few land vertebrates consist of less than one bone. (For example, only about 1,200 dinosaur skeletons have been found.)" (Ibid. pg. 70). Most fossils are found in massive fossil graveyards. Found throughout the Earth's crust, fossil graveyards consist of concentrated, smashed, twisted and contorted fossil remains that appear as though a large number of dead rotting animals were flung all together into a heap.

Book of Genesis - Worldwide Population
The Flood account in the Book of Genesis is also corroborated by the world's population statistics. Today, we're taught that humans evolved about 2 million years ago. Then why are there only 6 billion people in the world? In the year 2000, the world's population topped 6 billion. In 1985, it passed 5 billion. In 1977, it topped 4 billion. In 1962, it passed 3 billion. In 1930, the world's population was approximately 2 billion. In 1800, it was approximately 1 billion. Based on ancient census data, scholars estimate the world's population was about 1/4 billion at the time of Christ (1 AD). The Flood was approximately 4,400 years ago, with 8 human survivors. If we follow the population growth curve, we see that the world's human population could have come from 4 couples 4,400 years ago. It seems the human population growth rate is about 2% per year. Well, what about all of the wars, famines, plagues, etc? Take the Black Plague for example. It killed off 1/3 of Europe's entire population. Yet, in less than 100 years, the population bounced back and surpassed the original population. This is because the infrastructure was already established. The world's population took a dive during World War II, but immediately came back with the baby boomers. After a great loss, there is always a massive boom. The bottom line is this: if humans have been around for 1 million years (half of the 2 million presupposed by evolutionists), according to the current growth rate, the world's human population should be 10^8600. That's a 10 with 8,600 zeros after it!

Book of Genesis - Worldwide Dispersion
The Book of Genesis next records the separation of the people groups. Originally, there was one language: "And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech" (Genesis 11:1). The Lord, in His divine providence, decided to separate families into language groups. Some scholars believe that God decided to separate mankind into language groups because we were purposefully defying God's divine fiat to "fill the earth" (Genesis 1:28, 9:1). The people said to themselves, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth" (Genesis 11:4). Whatever the reason, God decided to "confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech" (Genesis 11:7). "So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city. Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth; and from there the LORD scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth" (Genesis 11:8-9).

Read Book Of Genesis Page 5 Now!

How can I know God?

Copyright © 2002-2021, All Rights Reserved